Have you ever wanted to make your own body butter without chemical preservatives and aroma producers?
DIY Body Butter
The use of a high-quality body butter massage cream will do wonders in enriching your skin. The primary compounds that make these creams are plant-based, which means that they’re rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients want by your skin.
You only have to ensure that these ingredients are surrounded by different natural compounds, or else your formula won’t be as effective.
Often what you’ll realize is that cosmetics firms will introduce products to you that contain only one or two of the natural compounds that you need, and then they fill the remainder of the formula out with chemical preservatives, aroma producers, and antibacterial agents. You do not need poorly designed products such as these occurring on your skin. They’ll prove to be ineffective, and presumably dangerous.
A body butter massage cream that contains these chemicals has the potential of causing you to develop all manner of sicknesses, as well as organ toxicity, hormonal imbalances, neurological disorders, and cancer.
It’s unfortunate that nine times out of ten this can be the kind of formula that you come across. But it’s the nature of the cosmetics industry to try to use the cheaper available ingredients even if they will hurt the user. The body butter is an ideal solution for dry skin.
Highly concentrated, they are richer than body lotions. As opposed to lotions, which are comprised largely of water, body butter consists entirely of plant oils, nut butter, and other skin-enhancing botanicals.
Body butter will feel slightly greasy when first applied. But the greasiness is only temporary… it’s quickly absorbed by the skin. And this product has staying power! One application will last all day long… much longer than a lotion. This thick, rich moisturizer is hugely popular.
Once you use body butter, you’ll understand why.
A thin layer in the morning and again at night will work wonders, leaving your skin soft, smooth, and supple.
There are different brands on the market.
While each product is different in the ingredient, the best body butter is the one you make yourself.
Now let’s look at the detailed steps required when making your own Lavender DIY body butter.
Ingredients needed for the DIY Body Butter:
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp cocoa butter
2 tbsp Shea butter
½ tsp carnauba wax
Little drops of an essential oil of your choice, I use Lavender essential oil.
Recipes of making your own DIY Body Butter:
- Step 1: Begin with getting a double boiler and melting the coconut oil, Shea butter, cocoa butter and carnauba wax in it. It is necessary to sterilize the double boiler and to properly clean it before using.
- Step 2: Once the mixture has properly melted, keep it in the freezer for 25-30 minutes until the ingredients become hard. Keep in mind that the mixture should not become totally frozen
- Step 3: Take out the mixture from the freezer and begin mixing it with an electrical beater until its texture becomes soft, whipped and creamy.
- Step 4: Add some drops of an essential oil for natural fragrance. I use 10 drops of lavender essential oil to bring a nice calming smell.
- Step 5: Next, pour the body butter in a cutesy container and Voila! You have homemade, natural and organic body butter for your dry skin.
It works well for use on any part of the body especially those prone to dryness.
Typically it is the hands, elbows, knees and the soles of the feet.
A good rule to keep in your mind is that body butter needs to be used up within six months from its first use.
Best Acne treatment system ever
- Carbohydrates, Sugar and fats
- Drinks and Cocktails
- Essential Oils
- Food and Drinks
- Food and Recipes
- Hair care
- Health and Fitness
- Herbs / Spices
- People issues
- Sex and relation
- Skin care
- Top 5 articles
- Travel stories
- Weight loss and Diets